Summer Festival: Orchestra Series
Every summer, Festival Mozaic assembles an all-star orchestra featuring musicians from top symphonies and chamber ensembles throughout the world. They come together under the dynamic baton of Festival Mozaic's music director, Scott Yoo, to present concerts in varying venues in San Luis Obispo County. Artists in the Festival Mozaic Orchestra hail from ensembles including the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, San Diego Symphony, Los Angeles Philharmonic, Cleveland Orchestra, Baltimore Symphony, Atlanta Symphony, and many more.
Recent highlights of the Festival Mozaic Orchestra include:
- Piazolla's Four Seasons with soloist Scott Yoo at Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa (July 24, 2017)
- A performance of Mahler's Symphony No. 4 in G major, with boy soprano soloist Bobby Hill, at the Performing Arts Center San Luis Obispo. (July 23, 2016).
- Two performances of Bach's Mass in B minor with the Bach Collegium San Diego Chorus at Mission San Miguel Arcángel and Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa. (July 24 and 25, 2015).
- A performance of Tchaikovky's Violin Concerto, with Scott Yoo as conductor and soloist, at the Performing Arts Center San Luis Obispo. (July 27, 2013).
- Annual performances of Baroque favorites at Serra Chapel, a beautiful private chapel on a vineyard hilltop in Shandon.
Below are some video highlights of recent Festival Mozaic Orchestra performances.