Summer Festival: Notable Encounters
Festival Mozaic's signature offering, the Notable Encounters Series, takes the audience on a journey "behind the score" of select works in order to gain a richer knowledge of the music. These events are typically one-hour long and provide insights into how to listen to, appreciate, and and understand the music in fun, social and informal settings. Often paired with gourmet food and wine, Notable Encounters are perfect for both novice and advanced listeners alike.
Some recent Notable Encounter highlights include:
- A Notable Encounter brunch featuring Ravel's Sonatine en Trio led by flutist Alice Dade at the beautiful Dallidet Adobe and Gardens (July 30, 2017)
- Scott Yoo led the first Notable Encounter featuring the Festival Mozaic Orchestra on Mahler's Symphony No. 4 in G major (July 23, 2016).
- A Notable Encounter featuring Schoenberg's Verklärte Nacht string sextet was paired with a gourmet dinner at the beautiful Spanish-style home of Brigitte and Bruce Falkenhagen (July 13, 2016, pictured above).
- Hindemith's Clarinet Quintet was broken down for our audience in a Notable Encounter at Temple Ner Shalom (July 16, 2015).
- English horn player of the Cleveland Orchestra delved into the works for his instrument at the beautiful hilltop Paso Robles home of Marilyn and Ken Riding (July 20, 2014).
Below are some videos of past Notable Encounters.